Applications for September 2023
Everyone must apply for a school place, as there is no automatic entry for any school.
Before you apply for your child’s school place for September 2023, please make sure the following applies to you:
- You live in Leicestershire.
- Your child is eligible to:
- start secondary school in September 2023 e.g. was born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012 inclusive
- transfer into Year 10 if you want them to go to a Studio School* from September 2023 eg born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009
- You know what school you would like your child to go to.
If you’re not sure, use our find a school search.
- You know how your child will get to school.
If not, see the school transport section.
- You’ve read our helpful Your Guide to education which includes everything you need to know to apply for a school place and the priority criteria for how school places are allocated. Allocations are made using the admissions criteria and not the preference order. Choosing more than one school doesn't affect how your higher preference school(s) are considered.
You can view the catchment area map in the find a school search or on the school's website.
- You've read the Hints and Tips below.
The closing date for secondary school applications is 31 October 2022.
What happens next
If you’re happy with the school place offered to your child, you don’t need to do anything else.
If you wish to decline the offer of a school place, please notify School Admissions in writing urgently.
If you're refused a school place, you can find out how to appeal against a school place and check the waiting lists online.