For Autumn 2022 starters
Applications for September 2022
Everyone must apply for a school place, as there is no automatic entry for any school.
Before you apply for your child’s school place for September 2022, please make sure the following applies to you:
- You live in Leicestershire.
- Your child is eligible to:
- start secondary school in September 2022 e.g. was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 inclusive
- transfer into Year 10 if you want them to go to a Studio School* from September 2022 eg born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008
- You know what school you would like your child to go to.
If you’re not sure, use our find a school search.
- You know how your child will get to school.
If not, see the school transport section.
- You’ve read our helpful Your Guide to education which includes everything you need to know to apply for a school place and the priority criteria for how school places are allocated. Allocations are made using the admissions criteria and not the preference order. Choosing more than one school doesn't affect how your higher preference school(s) are considered.
You can view the catchment area map in the find a school search or on the school's website.
- You've read the Hints and Tips below.
The closing date for secondary school applications is 31 October 2022.
Results for September 2022 applications
The results for the September 2022 secondary school applications made by 31 October 2021 will be made available on the national secondary school offer day - 1 March 2022.
The results for applications received after 31 October 2021, will be made available from 5 April 2022.
If you apply online for your child’s school place, you will receive an email.
You can also login to your online account on the Admissions website (citizen's portal)Opens another website in new window from 1 March to find out which school has been offered.
If you applied by post, we will send you a letter by first class post on 1 March 2022. This may take up to 5 days to arrive.
Citizen and Provider Portals unavailable
Due to essential system maintenance the Citizen and Provider Portals will be unavailable from:
- Tuesday 14 September - Thursday 15 September (inclusive)
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you’re ready to apply...
Please note: if you haven't used the portal before or for more than 12 months, you will need to register.
If you need help registering or changing your details on the portal, view our guide:
If you need a paper form contact the Customer Service Centre on 0116 305 6684.
Amend your application
If you applied online and you need to amend your application before the closing date, login to your online account on the Admissions website (citizen portal)Opens another website in new window .
Hints and tips to help you with your application:
- If you’re applying for more than one child to change school, you need to complete a separate application for each child.
- Use your right to apply for three schools, but make sure that one choice is always your catchment school (available on the school’s website).
- Read each school’s admissions policy before making an application; available on either the School policies page or the school's website - check the Your Guide to education - list of schools for more information.
- You should only include additional information if it is relevant to the school's admission criteria.
- If more than one parent has legal responsibility for your child, both parents must be in agreement over the school(s) requested.
- Check that you press the 'submit' button and receive an acknowledgement email. If not, try again or contact School Admissions.
- Make a note of your username and password.